You want to connect to the files on the server of your work but are at home or somewhere else? Well below you can find how to make a secure connection to your corporate network over the Internet.
1. Click the Start button of Windows 7.
2. Go to the Control Panel.
3. Double-click the Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click left to create a new connection.
5. Under 'Network settings, select 'Create a new connection or to a New network'.
6. Select 'Connect to a to a corporated network' (Connect to the network at my workplace).
7. Click Next.
8. Select 'Use my Internet connection (VPN).
9. Now enter the Internet address (IP address) for the connection, then click 'next'.
10. Enter your user-name, password and possibly your domain name, then click 'connect'.
11. Then your computer connects to the server (here are some data checked).
12. Right down in the taskbar at the Network Connections, you can now choose the VPN connection.