- Dry your laundry on the clothesline in the summer.
- Put your heating in summer mode.
- If your boiler has now summer setting, lower the temperature of your boiler manually.
- Air conditioning creates a fresh feeling, but is not the most energy efficient solutions. Lowering the
temperature with 1 degree it can lower your costs to a 25% annual
- During wintertime you can just do the opposite, set your thermostat one degree lower and wear a thick sweater if necessary.
' Did you know that you waste more energy if you heat 2 times a day from 5 degrees to 20 degrees. For example, if you work during the day and you warm up in the morning for 1 to 2 hours from 10 degrees to 20 degrees in a very short time it requires much energy and money. After two hours you turn the thermostat down 10 degrees and if you come back in the evening you put it around 17 degrees, then again a lot of energy required to turn 10 degrees to 20 degrees about going to spend the night. Why not warming up in the morning from 15 to 20 degrees and during the day leave it at 17 degrees, the energy wasted is minimal when you need 20 degrees in the evening. Less energy is asked when you put the heater from 17 degrees to 20 degrees. Warming up 3 degrees higher is peanuts compared to 10 degrees more. '
- Connect devices without a switch (such as petty theft, electric toothbrush) to switch sockets to avoid sleep.
- Defrost your refrigerator and freezer regularly.
- Replace your traditional incandescent bulbs by energy saving bulbs.
- Do not use old freezer, the old generation freezers absorb to much energy.
- Choose the right program for your dishwasher, washer and dryer, some new devices can be 'eco' programmed.
- Choose appliances with an A-label.
- If a battery charger, remove it from the socket when the battery power, this is much better for the rechargeable battery itself and the service life of the battery will be longer.
- Shut down every device that contents a standby LED before you go to sleep.
There are plenty more tricks and tips for saving energy and money, they will be added later...
More financial topics:
7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins
Learning About Cash Back Credit Cards: Good or Bad Idea?
20 TIPS to SAVE MONEY and GET RICH - Start now to get RICH
How to Create and Maintain a Budget? How to cut back on spendings and save money?
Will the crisis be longer than expected?
How can I save on energy and save money? Tips and Tricks - How to save energy and money?
How to get rich